Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Currently : April

March has always been one of my favorite months. Perhaps because it holds my birthday. I gotta say though. April is up there. It usually holds some perfect spring days & it's always such a welcome respite from what is typically cold, dreary winter weather. Guess that's what I get for writing this a few days ahead of schedule. It's snowed here 2 of the last 3 days. Mother Nature is drunk. In general the winter was mild here, but from the sounds of it, winter cut everybody a break this year. But I'm still psyched for April the snow to stop.

I have another vacation planned for April. I'll be jetting off to Croatia, Slovenia, Montenegro & a jaunt to Venice, Italy soon. I absolutely cannot wait, and if anybody has must-sees, PLEASE, leave them in the comments, email me or send them by carrier pigeon. I would love recommendations for food, sights, anything!

But, today, today, is my currently post. That post where each month I link up with Anne & Jenna to talk about a few things I'm up to this month.



{making}
Enchiladas! I tried them for the first time a few weekends ago in Michigan & have been dreaming of all the different combinations since. One of my spring bucket list items was to have some friends over for a dinner party. I planned to make two pans of enchiladas. One using a traditional red sauce, the other using a salsa verde. The dinner party was a bust last weekend, but it didn't stop my from making my enchilada dreams come true. YUM. Friends o' mine, you're missing out.

{wishlisting}
I've got nothing. Honestly. It's hard to want things if you don't go shopping or look around for things on the Internet. I got two 'big' items off my wishlist for my birthday. A new Vera Bradley ID case, since mine from 2012 finally had a hole in it, I scored my new one for $5.82 + free shipping. Apparently I'm a pretty cheap birthday girl to have around. I also got a hard sided case for the new sunglasses I bought myself before our trip to New Zealand. 

{cleaning}
My car needs some serious love. I do NOT know how I am not bald by now. But my hair seems to find it's way to the floor of my car, no matter what I do. I sweep it out fairly regularly & it doesn't seem to make any difference. So, a deep cleaning it is!

{posting}
I posted some facts about me & life lessons in celebration of my 26th birthday 2 weeks ago. I also posted what I plan to make into a mini series called "Back to Basics". So many times I feel like I see blog posts that are super specific to meal planning let's say. It's nice that this blogger put so much effort in, but because the post was so specific, it's not relevant to me. Like, "Two week whole foods meal plan for a family of 5". Umm. Okay. By talking about the basics I feel like I'll be able to publish steps that anyone reading can take and apply to their life. 
Potential topics in the works right now : How I save 50%+ of my income, Meal Planning // Prep, Building a Routine that works.
^whadda ya think? Does this interest you? Any other topics you would like to see!?


{tasting}
One of the things on my Springtime Bucket List was to perfect my Mint Julep & Mojito making skills. So, clearly, I have got some work to do. Somebody is going to have to taste test it all. For this, I will sacrifice.

Here are a few unique twists I'm planning to try...

Sweet Tea Mint Julep

Cherry & Lime Mint Julep

This mixed berry mojito combines delicious fresh raspberries, blackberries, mint and rum. It's super delicious, perfect for spring or summer and takes only 5 minutes to make!

What's new in your world?
What's your favorite cocktail?
What's something on your wishlist?

11 comments:

  1. Seriously- what is the weather doing?! It's messing with my sinuses/allergies big time! How exciting about your upcoming travels! And I love the idea of your back to basics posts... I agree that sometimes other posts are TOO specific and I can't gain much from them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, please sure if you do perfect the mojito - love mojitos! And I would definitely be interested in your posts about meal planning and saving 50% of your income!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum , the enchiladas sound great as do the mojitos and mint juleps! I look forward to hearing how those experiments go :) I'd love the back to basics series. I feel like that would definitely be useful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm waiting for a warm day so I can spring clean my car - its like I hibernate in there for the entire winter. Its disgusting. I cant wait to wipe everything down & vacuum for dayzzzzz in there!

    I have a Vera Bradley Messenger bag that I've used for 3 years now - I'll cry when it finally shreds. They are some sturdy products - that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you must have a thing for mint in your cocktails if you are working on the julep and mojito! Im not a big fan of mint so no recommendations for me...but Venice...oh Venice...muy husband's favorite city abroad we loved everything there. but the cathedral in St. Marks was gorgeous. I love the gothic art and decor so it was my favorite church in italy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The back to basics posts sounds super interesting and I'd love to read about saving money! My current favorite cocktail is a moscow mule. Drinking them out of the copper mug makes me feel all grown up haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every spring and summer I love to try out new mojito recipes to find my favorite one! I made a pretty yummy strawberry mojito last year, but I really want to make a lavender mojito. Yum!

    Have fun on your travels! That is so exciting. I haven't been to any of those places, but I know you'll have fun!! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mother Nature IS drunk! Yesterday, the temperature here was BELOW FREEZING. In APRIL. The constant changing weather is driving me crazy. It may not be that nice out in April, but it should not be this COLD! Ugh!

    It's a good thing I didn't do a Currently post, because under cleaning I would just have to write "LOL". I'm not good about it anyway but now that marathon training has taken over my life it's suuuuuper bad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally need to clean out my car as well! It's black...and my dog has white hair, so not a good combination! Hope you have an awesome trip. Sounds like so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never been to any of those places, but have a great time! How long are you going for? Also, happy belated birthday! I like the idea of the Back to Basics. I recently did a post about how I save money on groceries, and I think if it's done like "this is how I did it, maybe it'll work for you" it's a more personal way of expressing tips rather than just a laundry list of "what to do." Good luck with the new series!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated birthday!!! I wish you amazing and fun adventures in your April travels!! I just love enchiladas and ya know I always order mojitos yet I don't know how to make them!! =P I have to learn too!! =)

    Melanie | Blog: Toots + Dill

    ReplyDelete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!