Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Croatia : A Taste of the Istran Peninsula

Hi Friends. Today has been such fun so far and I am enjoying traveling alone. I visited the Istran Peninsula, the cities of Pula and Ravinj. 

Pula boasts what was once the 6th largest Roman amphitheater. 



I visisted the farmers market in Pula as well as a few bakeries. Apparently I can pass for Croatian. I was asked for a lighter by one gentleman and for directions by an American couple attempting to ask me in Croatian. I told them they really didn't want directions from me. 

Next was Ravinj. Formerly part of the Venetian empire. 


6 comments:

  1. Looks like a whole other world... so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it's beautiful! I'm glad you're having fun on your solo travels :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh this looks so beautiful! I love how people mistook you as a Croatian.. haha I'd take that as a compliment:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an incredible place to explore! Enjoy your travels, girl! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness! it is beautiful. glad you're having a good time. that's so funny that you can pass you for croatian.. i only knew one girl from croatia when i was younger, and yeah you totally look like her lol

    ReplyDelete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!