Monday, March 14, 2016

Weekend Highlights : Never Have I Ever

If you missed it last week, I finished up my New Zealand trip recaps.
Parts 1, 2, 3, 4

And now, on to our regularly scheduled weekend highlights.

I headed to Michigan this weekend to visit my friend Annie. We go way back to our early high school days when we joined the rowing team together & have been tight ever since. I was a bridesmaid when she got married last September & I haven't had a chance to see her since.

Once I arrived, we met up with some of her friends & enjoyed some late night drinks & pizza at a local bar // restaurant in Ann Arbor called the Jolly Pumpkin


We had a late night so we spent Saturday sleeping in before heading to brunch at the local Broken Egg & walking down one of the main drags in Ann Arbor. The weather was just right. We popped into Cherry Republic, a semi-local chain featuring all things local & made from Michigan cherries. We taste tested some wines, ciders, soft drinks & cherry jams // jellies.


Saturday night was some delicious homemade enchiladas before we headed off to a bonfire to help a friend get rid of some wood generated from his house renovations. Including a door. We played a hand or two of 'Never Have I Ever'. My highlights included...

Never have I ever eaten a Twinkie.
Never have I ever owned an standard automatic transmission vehicle.


Sunday morning was a rough wake-up call since the whole Spring Forward business. But I have to say I was more than grateful to have daylight for my whole drive back to Pittsburgh. My car went a little haywire. Can you spot what's wrong in this photo?


Fill in the blank...Never have I ever...?
How was your weekend?
Anyone from Ann Arbor area -- what should I make sure to see next time I visit?

I'm linking up with  Holly,Tricia, CaryleeJennaErin & Katie. 

25 comments:

  1. Never have I ever been drunk. I've never driven manual transmission either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never been drunk? I'm impressed! College got the best of me.

      Delete
  2. The weekend was wonderful. Sunday is always really refreshing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I try to get all my work // errands done Saturday so I can save Sunday for relaxing.

      Delete
  3. So I guess you've passed winter & spring & gone straight to the hottest parts of hell? haha
    mmm... cherry tasting... cherries are so good for you too.
    Never had a twinkie? Your body thanks you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently. Although hell & the Turnpike on a Sunday are pretty much the same thing. Haha.

      Delete
  4. Boy I hope it wasn't actually 117 degrees on your drive home! That's awfully warm for March between Michigan and Pennsylvania! Or were you driving through the Grand Canyon on your way home? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slight detour ;)

      It's happened once before & it always throws me for a loop. I looked up & thought NOPE!

      Delete
  5. i have never had a twinkie either! does standard mean manual? lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops. I intended for it to mean the opposite. I've only ever owned manual transmissions. Never an automatic.

      Delete
  6. I used to LOVE never have I ever when I was in college. I can't think of any good ones though! Looks like you had a fun weekend, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Morgan. It was definitely a game I hadn't played in a while. Blast from the past.

      Delete
  7. I'm not a huge fan of cherries but I like the idea of that Cherry Republic place. Sounds like a fun weekend! I've never had a Twinkie either, and I've never owned a standard; automatic only for me! I tried to drive stick and failed miserably!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily or unluckily my first car was a stick shift, which left me NO options! So I learned quick. Once I knew what I was doing I loved it!

      Delete
  8. Twinkies are gross so you're missing nothing. I just noticed chocolate Twinkies in the store. Never have I ever seen Animal House.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I've never seen Animal House either. I love this. Getting lots of good ones for the next time I play!

      Delete
  9. I don't think I have ever eaten a twinkie either! Do they even still make them? Sounds like a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I honestly have no idea if they do or not. I'm going to have to keep an eye peeled now.

      Delete
  10. That is a tough question. Never have I ever, changed a tire or changed the oil in my car. I always take it to a professional mechanic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, good one Cascia. I think that one applies to me too. Sometimes I source in-house & make the BF do it. But I never get to it myself.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  11. Cherry Republic looks like an interesting place. I love fresh cherries but not the candied sweet syrupy cherry stuff. Does it say the temperature is 117? Yikes. Never Have I Ever played Never Have I Ever. It sounds fun! Thanks for linking with us Jessie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love fake cherry flavor. But their salsa, which I thought might be fakey was actually really tasty with real chunks of cherry in it. The perfect balance of sweet & spicy.

      Delete
  12. Never eaten a twinkie?! I'm impressed haha!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh... ciders and wines from cherries sounds good. I love cherries but am usually too lazy to deal with the pits. That's why I generally end up with blueberries and apples... things that are ready to eat :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha I feel like I'm in the middle of August with seeing this 117 degree temp! No wait, I'm so not ready for temps near this! Great week for you and looks like you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!