Friday, March 4, 2016

Oh Hey Friday #2



I am so glad to see Friday come this week. The BF & I returned from vacation last Sunday, just in time to do some laundry & go to work on Monday. Not much time to catch up on sleep & decompress. So, I'm excited to do some of that this weekend.

In the meantime I'm linking up with  Karli & Amy to share a few random tidbits from my week.


1 // I posted my first of a couple New Zealand trip recap posts this week, which you can find here & here. I'll have part 3 up on Monday. So make sure to stop back. I'll also post some tips for not strangling your significant other later next week.



2 // Womp, womp, womp. I dropped the ball on my February goals. No real excuse, other than lack of follow through and time. But. I'm regrouping for March, and have my February recap & March goals here

3 // I finished book #3 #4 (counting is hard) for 2016 while on my trip, Run Less, Run Faster. Everything talked about lines up with how I like to train using only 3 runs a week. I think I'll be testing out their half marathon plan come fall. 

4 // I continue to have a project at work kick my ass. I'm in the process of getting my Green Belt, if any of you are on the Six Sigma bandwagon. If not, it's using a lot of statistical tools to prove that I know what I know. And then putting it in to a PowerPoint so I can show people my fancy charts and graphs. There's no time to work on it during the work day, since I work in a very operational job. So, I've been trying to bust it out on the weekends. But boy does that suck. 

5 // Headed to the 'in-laws' house for dinner on Wednesday night. The past 4 times I've been over there, there have been green beans, that woman must really like those things. I, on the other hand, cannot stand the smell or taste. I politely try ONE green bean every time they are served, because I'm a grown-up & maybe one day I'll taste one & it will be delicious. But in the meantime, they continue to gross me out. The MIL seems to get mildly offended I don't eat them, but what can I do. I told her I do not participate in green beans, but they keep popping up at the table. I don't expect her to change her offerings for me. But I do expect her to understand that I do not intend to fill my plate with them.

Any Six Sigma Green Belts out there?
Thoughts on green beans - love 'em, hate 'em?
Do you keep track of books you've read? - Using GoodRead or some other system?

10 comments:

  1. I keep hearing about Run Less, Run Faster. I've really got to read that book because I only do three runs a week as well and the book might be a good fit for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed the book. And while a lot of it was them sort of trying to convince me to run 3 days a week, which is unnecessary because I already do, I felt like I learned something & I am excited to try out their training plan in the fall.

      Delete
  2. i have heard lots of good things about that book, i think i need to check it out. ahhh. MILs. hahahaha. my MIL purposefully makes things i can't or won't eat and takes offense when I don't. whatever. i love green beans, but i stand in support of you not eating them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your support is much appreciated Kristen. You may have all my extra green beans.

      I liked it, and it was a fairly quick read since some things (like getting a BQ time) weren't quite relevant to me. But I'm excited to try out the training plan.

      Delete
  3. New Zealand
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Goodreads to keep me on track with my books.
    That's so funny about the green beans. I'm not a huge fan of them myself - but I do tend to always make broccoli - I need to think if I force it on people now :) haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I signed up for GoodReads & haven't played around much but seems easy enough to use. I want to be able to keep track of how many books I read this year & anything on my to-read list.

      She doesn't force, just makes a side eye & asks me why there is none on my plate, EVERY TIME. Lol

      Delete
  5. I'm so pumped for the Queenstown post! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOVE green beans! i love all veggies, really :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! New Zealand! That is amazing and is one of my dream destinations!

    Sarah
    http://mybowsandclothes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!