Friday, March 25, 2016

Friday Five #14

My birthday is SUNDAY! Just 2 more days, because today doesn't count. I think birthdays rock & I have plans to celebrate mine all weekend. I even have today off of work, not because of my birthday, technically, but I'm gonna roll with that instead.

I'm back in Kentucky with family for Easter weekend and I'm packing as much friends // family time in as I can.

So, this one's gonna be short & sweet folks. Happy Weekend!

{one}
I'm running a 5K on Saturday as an early birthday celebration. If all goes well, I'll run a sub 25 race, a big goal of mine for 2016 & can eat my corned beef birthday dinner as a post-victory meal! Look for a race recap on Tuesday!

{two}
If you missed it, I posted 26 random facts about me yesterday, you can find it here.

{three}
I've got this song stuck in my head. 

Also, ain't nobody got time for that.
Pretty much the soundtrack when someone asks me to do something at 5PM on a Friday.
This remix has me rolling.



{four}
 I've run Ragnar DC for the past 2 years. It's a 200+ mile relay race. This specific one runs from Cumberland, MD to DC proper. My team is getting formed again, but, we're a few shy of a 12 person team. So, if you're interested, we're super low key & all sorts of ages // paces, let me know. Maybe you can join us.

Our 2015 Ragnar DC team, Back to the Ragnar
{five}
Chipotle mailed out a coupon for a free burrito a week or two back. I finally used mine yesterday and it was glorious. The threat of a little salmonella or whatever rogue food-born illness was last going around there can't manage to keep me away.

What are you up to this weekend?
Anyone ever run Ragnar? Which one?
Chipotle fan or nah?

Linking up with MarCynthia, CourtneyHeather, Happy Fit MamaAmandaGraceandLoveBlogErika, AndreaKarli & Amy

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great birthday weekend is planned! Good luck with the 5k :) I've never run a Ragnar. I'm tempted but I hate to slow a team down with my slow paces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And don't be. There are definitely some competitive teams. But based on your average expected pace for your team as a whole is how you get your start time. There are always tons of teams just out there to have fun!

      Delete
  2. I'll give a big yell outside today & see if you can hear it in your area of Kentucky :) Welcome back to the Bluegrass!!!
    So - your birthday is on Easter?!?!?! That's cool! You should have an easter egg hunt with your face on all the eggs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, Easter & my birthday are one in the same this year!

      OMG. That is the best idea. And I think my mom would be all for it...wonder if I have enough time left to make it happen? Maybe I could even make all the prizes inside pictures of me. Or jokes of mine. ;) I think my family would love that.

      Delete
  3. heyyy you're in KY?! that's pretty cool. i have never eaten at chipotle, food poisoning or not haha. have a good birthday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used my free chipotle coupon within like 2 days of receiving it haha!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great weekend, a birthday, Easter, and and a race!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday weekend!! I hope it's a fabulous one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha, I always have that "aint nobody got time for that" song stuck in my head whenever I or someone else says it! So good :P

    I am totally jealous of the super long weekend combining with your birthday! SO awesome! I hope you have the most incredible weekend! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck at your 5k! I'll be rooting for you to get that PR!

    ReplyDelete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!