Friday, March 18, 2016

Friday Five #13

Thanks to DST, I felt behind pretty much all week. And was a total klutz. Like, I closed my HAIR in the car door. I can't decide if it was the lack of sleep or the wake-up call that I finally need a haircut. I digress.

I've got an action packed weekend lined up, a wedding cake tasting with a friend (not for me!), a house warming party to attend + a long run & hopefully some sleeping in!

AND...in case you missed it. I posted my 5 reasons to travel with Groupon yesterday. For those of you wondering if I would recommend to a friend.
Spoiler Alert : I would!


How I feel about this time change...5 days later...




This nonsense...


There are two rules of microwaving.
1. Don't ever leave popcorn unattended. That shit goes from 100% kernels to burn your house down in 10 seconds or less.
2. Don't ever leave oatmeal unattended. It's guaranteed to bubble over & leave a sloppy, sticky mess. No matter how big a bowl you're using.

Other than that? Everything else goes. I mean, wipe it out if your food went everywhere...but this?
Why did this happen? Oh, because last week someone violated rule #1, made the smoke detector go off, which in turn made the fire alarm go off, which in turn made 4 floors of people rush out of the building & the fire dept. show up. Come on people.

When someone says something stupid in a meeting...


via GIPHY

Song I've got on repeat...

It's just so upbeat. Sorry co-workers. Can't stop, won't stop. 



Favorite new find...
So maybe this is new to you, maybe not. But while in Michigan last weekend I spotted a single serve bottle of this Fairlife chocolate milk at Krogers & I snagged it. The bottle had 19 grams of protein! It was absolutely delicious & thick & chocolaty & exactly what chocolate milk should be. So I got myself a big bottle today at the grocery store & I can't wait to enjoy some chocolate milk after workouts or maybe even in my coffee.

So, Happy Friday people. Enjoy the weekend. See you back here on Monday. :)

Share something you're loving this week in the comments.

Linking up with MarCynthia, CourtneyHeather,Momfessionals, Happy Fit MamaAmandaGraceandLoveBlogErika, AndreaKarli & Amy

21 comments:

  1. The microwave sign is so funny!I have seen that milk before and didn't give it a second glance. I assumed it some new organic milk, but now I am going to pick some up. Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. I thought that at first too, but I love it. A tad more expensive than regular milk, so I probably won't buy it all the time, but definitely a "healthy" treat!

      Delete
  2. Ugh DST is killing me this year, too. I don't know why, it doesn't usually bother me, but man. This dark until 7 AM nonsense is for the birds.

    Yeah, you cannot leave a bag of popcorn. There is someone in our office who practically lives off the stuff and I'm surprised this hasn't happened yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man. I had it down to a science & we got a new microwave at work that I haven't figured out just yet.

      Delete
  3. Someone's popcorn made the fire alarm go off and people evacuate!?! That's no good. I would hate to be that person once people found out. That's guaranteed teasing for life :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone made a copy of the "Do not leave unattended" sign & stuck it on his desk. Poor guy. Haha

      Delete
  4. I HATE when people burn popcorn in the office. That stuff sticks for hours!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kitchen still has a vaguely burned popcorn smell even almost a week later!

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh - nothing smells worse then burnt popcorn! UGHHHH!!!!
    Hair in a car door? haha - that's a new one to me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the worst. My head hurts, I look over to figure out why & it's because half my hair got slammed in the car door & is getting pulled. It was so not my day.

      Delete
  6. The Kanye and April meme made me lol haha. I've never tried that chocolate milk but I've heard of it. I always forget about chocolate milk for some reason but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too. And then I'll get on a kick where I can't stop drinking the stuff. Which is where I'm at right now. I tell myself it's protein & carbs...

      Delete
  7. That chocolate milk looks yummy! I like chocolate milk in my coffee! It's milk and flavor all in one - super easy - super delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I call it the poor mans mocha! Haha, I do that all the time actually.

      Delete
  8. The time change has made this week super long! Ugh...and burnt popcorn is the worst scent ever! When I used to work in an office, I wanted to kill people who did that lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The worst part is, the guy that did it doesn't even work on our floor, he was there for a meeting. So now our floor smells burnt! Not his!

      Delete
  9. We had someone burn popcorn in our microwave at work that set the fire alarm off, which made the fire department come. And then the person didn't even own up to it and offer to buy us a new microwave. Gah! Thanks for linking up to high 5 Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man. This guy got ratted out pretty quick. Somehow the microwave seems to be fine? Smells a little funny, but still works.

      Delete
  10. We love that FAIR chocolate milk too! It's so good!

    DST made this week drag. I hated driving to work in the dark, and I was staying up too late because it was light so late! My schedule was really screwed up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That's pretty much exactly what happened to me. I'm still trying to get in the swing of things. I was just getting used to an earlier sunrise & it was all snatched away from me.

      Delete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!