Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Currently : March


It's March already & that shocks me. I guess spending 10 of the 29 days of February on vacation is a good way to make a month FLY by. And it did indeed. So, I'm back with a "currently" post, linking up with Anne & Jenna!

{wishing}
Is it too soon to wish I was back on vacation? If you missed it, my first, of several, New Zealand recaps is here. Soon enough. I've got another big trip coming up in April. In the meantime I'm wishing for more warm spring weather to make its way to Pittsburgh. I would love to have a long run in shorts soon!

{craving}
Corned beef & a Shamrock Shake, though not necessarily together. Corned beef is one of my favorite things. You won't find it on the shelves year round at most stores, though if you're willing to devote the time & fridge space you CAN make it yourself. Getting ahead of myself. Love me some corned beef, so I make sure to buy as much as reasonably possible while it's around in stores. Last year I ate almost 2 POUNDS of the stuff by myself before it even got to the dinner table. #NoShame #OkayMaybeALittleShame #MyBellyHurts You best believe since I'm a March baby that it's going to be my birthday meal request. 

And Shamrock Shakes? Go ahead, try to scare me away with nutrition facts, or by telling me you think they taste like toothpaste. I will not be deterred. Flavor anything with mint I'm just about guaranteed to love it. In other news, FB reminded me that my love for Shamrock Shakes knows no bounds. 


{going}
To bed. No, but seriously. It's 816PM right now as I'm typing this. & my eyelids cannot handle staying open any longer. So, as soon as I hit save it's lights out for this lady.

{wearing}
Sweatpants forever. I cannot be the only one who runs in the door from work, strips off all my clothes & changes into sweatpants & a t-shirt. It's not even that my work clothes are uncomfortable. Well, bras suck. Always & forever. But, there's just something about sweatpants. & my furry moccasin slippers.

{learning}
All about food. I know, I'm 25. I should know what works for me by now. But I feel like just within the last year I've really gotten more in tune with my body & how foods make me feel good versus bad versus meh. I've found some combinations that really work for me, leaving me full & full of energy, so I'm trying to read up on WHY those foods might be so good for me & in the process trying to find more combos like them. It's exhausting some days, when I just want to eat bowl of Instant Ramen & exhilarating other days when I finally feel like I have a eureka moment.

What are you up to currently?
Thoughts on Shamrock Shakes?
What's your Birthday Meal request?
Any other March babies?

14 comments:

  1. I've never tried a shamrock shake but I keep hearing about how good they are! I'm going to have to try one at some point. And I definitely feel like I didn't start really learning about food and being in touch with my body until my 20s. And it's something I'm still working on, so I guess it's a work in progress as our bodies change through the years :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually ended up getting one today on my lunch break! SO good!

      I guess that's true about our bodies. I also was not able to cook & shop like I am now to make such progress towards finding out what works.

      Delete
  2. bahahaha fries and a milkshake whilst in line for chipotle. love it. i have never had a shamrock shake, but i love chick fil a's peppermint shake around christmas time. so good! also, love corned beef. it is super popular at home year round, i think.
    hmmm my birthday meal request was originally chinese food but then i had it for lunch, so i had pasta for dinner. it was amazing. i also ate whatever i wanted during birthday month and gained like 10lbs so perhaps i went a bit overboard but whatever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did I have no idea Chick Fil A had a Christmas time peppermint shake!? That's wonderful news.

      I really milk it, I request dinners from everyone. One from my Mom, another from the BF, another from the in-laws if they offer. :) It's the best.

      Delete
  3. I've never even had a Shamrock shake. Ooops.
    Yep - sweats & comfy slippers are the BEST after a long day!!!
    I'm not a huge fan of mint stuff, but I can throw me down some York Peppermint Patties like no ones business

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're not a mint fan then I would probably steer you away from the Shamrock Shake. It's okay though, I'll drink yours!

      Delete
  4. spring, spring, spring, all i've got is spring on the mind ;) is it spring yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! We got a teaser here in Pittsburgh yesterday, it was 60+ out! & sunny! So now warm weather is pretty much all I can think about.

      Delete
  5. I hear you on going to bed so early, that's me to a lot of nights! I can't get into the shamrock shake, but my birthday meal does always involve some sort of ice cream! I'm ready for spring weather to come this way too!
    Shea | www.shealennon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like an absolutely perfect birthday meal to me! Thanks for stopping by, Shea!

      Delete
  6. I LOVE Shamrock Shaves (and pretty much anything mint). One of the first things I do after work is change into sweats and I am in my happy place. My birthday meal is chinese food or any of my mom's home cooked meals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss! Everything mint!

      I'll be able to be home for my birthday this year, so I asked my Mom to find the biggest thing of corned beef she can. That woman always comes through.

      Delete
  7. My birthday meal always has to involve ice cream... not really a meal, but hey, it's my birthday! I'm wishing for outdoor running weather soon too. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I skip the sweatpants and go straight for the pyjamas. Nothing like cosy pjs at the end of a long work day! Or the whole work day, if I'm working from home. No shame! I'd definitely have a Shamrock Shake in hand too if someone would bring one to my house :)

    ReplyDelete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!