Thursday, March 31, 2016

April Goals + March goal recap


Let's start off with a recap of my March goals. February was a bust on the goal front for me. So I took March as a step back. Took some time to refocus & work on the goals that were most important to me. So how did I do?

| side note | Yes...I know April isn't until tomorrow. But considering I plan to make no progress on anything this evening. I'm calling it. What's done is done. What's not done will just have to wait.

{find & rock a 5K}
Boom. Done. Race recap here.
While in my mind I don't get to cross this off my 2016 goal list yet, I think my March goal is DONE.

{keep my minimalist momentum}
NOPE. I intended to haul some things out of my childhood bedroom but there was just no time. Spending time with friends // family will ALWAYS trump going through old junk in my room.

{go shopping}
I got a cute dress from Kohls that I'll wear to some summer weddings + a purse & some shoes for my Europe trip. During a birthday "shopping spree" with my Mom, that included more eating than shopping, I got a pair of skinny jeans & a hard case for my sunglasses! No more shopping for me for a while!

{read 3+ books}
DONE! I actually read 4. Overachiever. What what.

{STRETCH}
{3 item to-do list}
_______________________________________________________________________

What's on tap for April then?

Well, considering I'm going to spend 2 weeks of it abroad, I'm going to keep it simple again.

{finish my green belt}
This work project has been hanging over my head for far too long. I just need to present to the certifying board & I should be all set. I plan to have it to my advisor for review before my trip & if all goes well should present just after I return for my certification.

{host a dinner party}
I love hosting people, mostly because it means guinea pigs for all the recipes I want to try! I'm thinking enchiladas two ways + a dessert or two I've been wanting to try out. & I love making little appetizers or cheese plates. Ooh, I'm excited just thinking about it!!!

{read 3+ books}
I can easily kill two on my trip abroad, this goal should be easy peasy.

{ride bikes}
My bike has just been sitting sad & neglected in the basement since October. It's time to lube up that chain, air up the tires & get out for a ride or two now that the weather is warming up.

{pack for Europe in a carry-on}
Once again, I know my checked bags are free. Still doesn't matter. I like the freedom knowing my luggage will make it there with me & that it's easy to carry, especially if I'll be walking through cobblestone streets & moving in-between cities. 

What are your April goals?
What would you cook for a dinner party?
Who has been to Europe? What should I make sure to pack?

I'm linking up with Amanda today to share.

18 comments:

  1. Great job on the April goals! I love hosting dinner parties too. People to try out recipes on and it forces me to get my house clean :) Good luck with packing for your trip with just carry on. I think we're planning to try that for our trip to Iceland. We'll see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it made me keep the house cleaner. I usually just say don't mind the mess! Haha

      You can do it! Carry-on luggage holds more than you think!

      Delete
  2. Good job on the reading!!!
    OK - where did you find good skinny jeans? I'm on the hunt for some cute white ones.
    Stretching is a BIG goal for me for April!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool you're going to Europe so soon! I can't wait to read about it. I went to Spain several years ago and would love to go back one day.

    For a dinner party, I have no idea! I've never hosted one but I feel like you can never go wrong with Mexican food right?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'll definitely be doing some posts when I get back!

      That's kind of my thought, who doesn't love Mexican?

      Delete
  4. Whoa nice job on all that reading!

    I wish I lived near and could come to your dinner party - sounds delicious! I like hosting but I also find it really stressful (all that CLEANING!!). I think April will be a great month for you and I bet Europe will be amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I really wish having a dinner party meant I cleaned more. Nope. I pretty much make sure the bathroom & the kitchen aren't disgusting & by that I mean I'm cooking so I make the BF do it.

      Delete
  5. Ooh, I'm glad you did a 5k. I haven't done one in about 6 months, but I'm enjoying just getting back to why I loved running in the first place, and I hope to do a 5k later in the year, Lord willing. <3 I love that you make month by month goals. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love having time to just run because I enjoy it!

      Hope you keep enjoying yourself & get signed up for a 5K too!

      Delete
  6. I've been to Italy & France, but I am the worst packer ever! I take everything. My trip started in late May and it was still cold in Paris, but by the time I was in Rome two+ weeks later it was boiling hot June! That was a challenge. I do a lot of dresses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking I may run into a mix of warm & cool weather. I'm thinking cardigans & dresses are going to be my ticket for packing light.

      Delete
  7. I've been to Italy & France, but I am the worst packer ever! I take everything. My trip started in late May and it was still cold in Paris, but by the time I was in Rome two+ weeks later it was boiling hot June! That was a challenge. I do a lot of dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love hosting dinner parties for the same reason i love testing new recipes out on people! mostly desserts though we have a few favorite meals we serve but experiment with desserts. i love to bake. good luck with the green belt and getting everything in a carry! i totally understand that worry of the bags arriving with you to your destination. my only trouble is i like to leave myself room to bring things back from my travels so going to europe with only a carry on isnt going to happen for me. cant wait to hear how it goes for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily? Or surprisingly? Or whatever...I'm not a souvenir person. Usually I buy some vintage inspired postcards if I can find them, but otherwise my pictures & my memories are all I bring back. It makes carry-on packing a lot easier. Either that, or I've packed an extra bag in my bag. If my stuff get's lost on the way home I don't really care. I've got other clothes to wear. But I'm not trying to get to my destination without even a pair of clean underwear to my name.

      Delete
  9. You're brave with the carry on for 2 weeks! I'm not a big packer, but that would be hard for me. Though I totally get the security of having your stuff as a carry on and not potentially lost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realized after years of vacations that I would come back & half my clothes would still be unworn. So, I always pack a little LESS than I think I'll wear (except underwear!) and it's always turned out fine. If not, I figure I can wash something or buy a new something as a wearable souvenir.

      Delete
  10. You have the rest of your life to minimize... :)
    Though I'd say you are checking off that goal by packing so lightly for your trip! That's impressive - and I know you are going to be sooo thankful you packed less. I always pack way more than I end up needing.
    Well done on the reading and shopping as well - highly support all those buys. I love hosting dinner parties for the exact reason - a real push/excuse to make something on my massive to make list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yayyyy good luck with your carry on packing! you got this! good luck with the rest of your goals.

    ReplyDelete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!