Thursday, February 4, 2016

Thinking Out Loud #8

Doesn't feel like there is much going on this week & that's A-Okay with me. I already have plans Monday - Thursday night next week so I am gladly getting things done, so I can cut myself a break during the chaos that will be next week.

Per usual, I'm linking up with Amanda as I think out loud...

1 // I got 3 new books from the library this week & I've been tearing through them. I spent most of my night Tuesday reading & all my lunch breaks at work. I've finished Racing Weight by Matt Fitzgerald already & am making my way through book #2.


2 // A guy (who I don't know, other than waving to periodically) at the gym said to me, and I QUOTE "When you first started coming here you were pretty chunky, but you've slimmed down". Umm. You wanna back that up there Buster? I gave him my best scowl, responded with, "Well unfortunately you haven't slimmed down" & went back to what I was doing. But what a way to start off my Wednesday. Geeze. Some people just don't get it. Guess it's all those races I've been running. Chunky or not, eyes on your own paper mister.

3 // Pizza, pizza, glorious pizza. After finishing Whole30 on Tuesday I celebrate by having oats for breakfast Wednesday, and pizza for lunch & pizza for dinner. #YOLO?



4 // My mom got an iPhone earlier this week...as an upgrade from her FLIP PHONE. As I expected things went just about like this...calm yourself there Walthena.


5 // This sunset. Oh baby. I looked out my kitchen window & there it was. Pittsburgh gets pretty grey in the winter time. So I was extra appreciative of all the colors.




Anyone else have a super unique name? Like my Mom, Walthena?
Any good running related books to recommend?
Favorite pizza toppings?

18 comments:

  1. Someone actually came up and said that to you?!?! That's seriously unbelievable. Like... how did he manage to get to this age and skip learning about all the social graces?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not the slightest idea. I hope at least my comment made him take a step back & think about what came flying out of his mouth.

      Delete
  2. wow, what a douche at the gym! good on you with your response, i've had some real jerks say weird / stupid things at the gym and i am very rarely quick enough to say anything back except something along the lines of 'screw you' or 'um'. lol.
    yay pizza! another reason i couldn't do the whole30 haha.
    your mom and her texts are awesome. and that is a unique name! i don't have a unique name, and neither does my mum. womp womp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I high-fived myself for coming up with that one!
      Haha, the no unique name thing may be for the better. People never have a clue how to spell // say my Mom's name.

      Delete
  3. It looks like your mom is having so much fun with her new phone. It's quite a difference to go from a flip to a smart phone. You handled the thing at the gym with really quick wit. :) Way to go, not letting it get under your skin. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily. I let it get to me for a minute & then I typed it out here & felt a lot better. & I let it go.

      Delete
  4. I think that guy needs a lesson on how to give compliments! Lol on your mom's new phone. I had a similar experience, where my mom was constantly texting me messages with tons of heart emojis to tell me how much she loves me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes. Since she got it 3/4 of the messages she sends me are just emojis that make no sense followed by a bunch of hearts. Sigh. Good thing I love the woman.

      Delete
  5. What goes through people's heads?! Really. The best is that you know he really thought he was complimenting you. Probably was trying to get your number. Go you for shooting him down like that! I'm never quick on my feet and probably would have just turned read and mumbled some form of thanks, then festered on it for a week or two angrily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If that is an attempt at a pickup line then I bet he gets a lot of drinks thrown on him in bars. Some people just don't get it.

      Delete
  6. Haha. I love your humor about the guy in the gym. HOW RUDE! Seriously, people. Congrats on finishing whole 30! I bet that oatmeal and pizza were delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So delicious. I think they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder.

      Delete
  7. PIZZA!!! i miss it so much. i miss (white) bread and pasta too. since going grain free a year ago, i miss these things the most!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, Kathy, I believe it. There are just so many potential flavor combinations, it never gets old.

      Delete
  8. I can't believe that guy said that to you. How rude is that? I'm glad you had something witty to say so quickly, I would have panicked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I high-fived myself for thinking of a comeback so quickly! Haha

      Delete
  9. I cannot believe that guy said that to you! What was he even thinking?! That pizza looks so good, is it from somewhere in Pittsburgh? That sunset is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pizza was delicious. It's actually from our work cafeteria which is run by Eat & Park, but they have this huge pizza oven they cook it in to make it extra tasty.

      Delete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!