Monday, February 8, 2016

If we were having coffee...


If we were having coffee...I'd be on my second cup, it's just one of those Mondays. I haven't slept well in 2+ months & I wish I knew why. It takes me forever to fall asleep & I wake up still feeling like I haven't slept a wink.

If we were having coffee...I would tell you about these delicious brownies I made for work on Friday. I call them Buckeye Brownies, because the peanut butter filling is what would makeup the center of a buckeye. I was going to share the recipe, but it's kind of hard if you forget to measure everything.


So, for now, here's the best I can do.
Bake store bought brownie mix per directions + top with PB mixture (peanut butter, 1/2 stick butter & powdered sugar until it looks like the above...) + cover with almond bark (or melted chocolate chips + butter) --> DEVOUR.


Oh yeah. Look at that goodness. I promise one day, I'll manage to measure while I make things.

If we were having coffee...I would tell you that I'm working on a special certification for work & it's going to be the death of me. I spent 10+ hours working on it over the weekend & feel like I made no progress. Adult-ing sucks sometimes.

If we were having coffee...I would tell you my car is full of things going to Goodwill today during lunch. There is one near my work, so I plan to make the most of my time & get that stuff out of my house!

If we were having coffee...I would say nothing about sports. Over the past few years my care level has dipped perilously close to zero, after going to pretty much every basketball & hockey game I could during college. So I'm sure someone won the SuperBowl. But I'm also sure that it makes no difference to me.



If we were having coffee...I would tell you the most fun I had all weekend was my 10.5 mile long run on Saturday morning, followed by grocery shopping. How's that for a rousing good time? I would also tell you that I TOTALLY ROCKED MY RUN!

If we were having coffee...I would tell you that I leave for vacation in NINE days, so I'm having a little trouble caring about anything right now unless it involves packing for vacation.

What would you tell me if we were having coffee?
How do you take your coffee? Just a splash of cream over here please.
Where does your care level for sports fall?


I'm linking up with HoHo Runs & MissSippiPiddlin for their Weekly Wrap

16 comments:

  1. Oooo I would also tell you I'm excited about my upcoming vacation too! I leave in 12 days, so I have a bit longer wait though ;-)

    Way to go on rocking your run! That's awesome! Sorry to hear you aren't sleeping well. Do you workout in the mornings or evenings? When I was an evening runner I always had trouble falling asleep at night, unless I did a really hard workout and was totally spent afterward. It also helps when I stay away from caffeine for as many hours as possible before bedtime (not easy to do!). Have you ever taken melatonin? I've found it helps me a lot, and I don't get that groggy hangover I get from regular sleeping pills. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guatemala...right!? How exciting!

      I workout in the mornings & try to stay away from caffeine after noon. I have never taken melatonin, but at this point I'm ready to try just about anything! I'll have to do some research.

      Delete
  2. I just got back from vacation so I'm jealous!

    I watched the Super Bowl this year since I am a panthers fan but normally I just watch for commercials and the social activities.

    As far as cream in my coffee, I like a lot and have no regrets about it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My parents are like that. We always joke they like a little coffee with their cream! Haha.

      Thanks for stopping by Hollie!

      Delete
  3. Sorry about the certification stress at work. But with a vacation coming up, hopefully looking forward to that helps you get through it!!!
    Awesome about your 10 mile run Saturday, woot Woot!!!
    I enjoy sports, but I don't get into them as much as some. I prefer watching my nephews basket ball games over most others. While I did watch the super bowl, I was multi tasking, the game just didn't hold my interest enough to just sit and watch without doing other things, LOL
    Have fun on your upcoming trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristy! Eyes on the prize! Busting out this certification work so I can enjoy my vacation stress free!

      I think kids sports games are way more exciting anyways. Less drama, usually something funny happens & everyone is just there to have a good time.

      Delete
  4. Yeah, not much of a sports fan either. The Olympics, OTOH, I'm all over that!

    Where are you going for vacation? So envious. Vacation seems really, really, really far away (not til May).

    Don't torture me with PB Chocolate stuff I just can't afford right now . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Yay for the Olympics! I definitely care about those. I soak it all up!

      I'm headed to New Zealand for vacation!

      Delete
  5. Yay for having a great long run! I've also been feeling really good on mine lately. I'm at the point now where everything in training is going smoothly and I'm starting to wonder what's going to go wrong and when. Do you get like that too? Like too much of a good thing means it's for sure about to go down the toilet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to get like that during training...but last summer July - September I had a fantastic training cycle for a triathlon I was training for (my first). Training rocked, my race rocked. It was seriously everything I had been working for. So, I'm trying not to question it. Maybe this is just your race & your marathon is going to go off without a hitch. Just roll with it!

      Delete
  6. Great job on your run! And giving stuff away to Goodwill feels so so good, makes me feel so much lighter. That triple layer brownie goodness..my oh my

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! It did feel really great to get the Goodwill pile out of my house. I'm going to keep the momentum going!

      Delete
  7. I've been in a cleaning/donating/selling mode lately, too. It feels so good to declutter!

    To answer your questions: I don't care for coffee, so I'd enjoy some water while you had your coffee with a splash of cream. And even though my hubby and I graduated from Virginia Tech in '79, we have season tickets to Hokies football and go to almost all of their home games. We go see the Hokies wrestle whenever they have a match nearby, and this will be the first year in several years that we aren't going to the ACC wrestling tournament. I also happen to know it's only 58 days until the Nats home opener! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I just replied to your comment on my blog giving you my pomegranate margarita recipe. Apparently we're similar in that we don't measure stuff!

      Delete
    2. YUM! Thank you! I can definitely make a "recipe" like that. I'm willing to take one for the team & taste test a few too. I never realized how little I measure until someone asks me for a recipe & I'm all uhh add a little of this, some of that & a lot of that other thing. And they just stare at me. Glad I'm not the only one Deb!

      Delete
  8. Those brownies look heavenly. I do follow our college football team -- it's like a religion around here. But, that's about it. I like my coffee with flavored creamers and I like a LOT of coffee. I have a Goodwill just down the street. In fact I pass it to go practically anywhere. But it doesn't help me pack up boxes like I should. Good luck with your certification and thanks for linking with us Jessie!

    ReplyDelete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!