Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Currently : February




I'm linking up with Anne & Jenna today for their currently link-up. Every month the prompts // questions change & relate to the current season // month. It's somehow already February. For most people that means Valentine's Day is on the way. I've never been a big Valentine's Day fan, single or taken. I'm way more into experiences than stuff, so you'll never find me pining for a big stuffed teddy bear or a box of chocolates (okay, so maybe the chocolates, but that has nothing to do with Valentine's Day) Every year I celebrate the same way. I bake strawberry cupcakes (from the Pillsbury box mix. Mmm, that stuff is so good) & top it with cream cheese icing & then proceed to eat way too many of them. All in a row.

{sending}
I'm a huge fan of snail mail & think it's a great way to let someone know you're thinking about them. It's a lot more personal than a text or email as well. I've got a Valentine's Day card ready to mail of to my Momma (Hiiii Mom!) & a birthday card I'm putting together for her birthday later this month. I plan to mail it off a before we leave for New Zealand to make sure she gets it in time!

{eating}
Yesterday was officially Day 30 of my Whole30. Which means as you're reading this I'm likely scarfing down a bowl of overnight oats, not caring that it's winter outside & my office is an ice cube. Oh, overnight oats, how I've missed you. I also have plans to devour some pizza & wine tonight. #LongHairDon'tCare

{dreaming}
OF PIZZA. JK I can hold it together for a few more hours 'til dinner time. I'm really dreaming of New Zealand. I'm headed out on the 18th & I am counting down the days until sunny skies & warm weather greet me on the other end of that plane ride.

Source
{smelling}
Fresh air. This past weekend & so far this week has been kind to us. Call it El Nino, call it Global Warming, call it whatever you please, I don't care, I'm loving this warm "winter" weather. I'll gladly spend my lunch break walking outside if it means soaking up some warmth & sunshine. Because seriously, it's been warmer outside than it is in my office.

{hearting}
One of my personal goals for 2016 is to lighten the load. Get rid of all the useless junk I have, but don't need. Donate it if possible & trash it otherwise. I gained some serious steam last week & was pretty ruthless with some old clothes in my closet & dresser. I've been reading lots of tips along the way, my favorite being the 20/20 rule (found here), if it  can be replaced in 20 minutes, for under $20, there's no need to keep something "just in case", something I am truly famous for.

So let the ruthlessness continue. 



How do you celebrate Valentine's Day?
What are you currently dreaming of?

13 comments:

  1. Not sure what we are doing for Valentines day, but I am terrible about sending cards! Congrats on making it through the Whole30- I hope you enjoy your pizza and oats and wine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, my Mom gave me a bunch of pre-addressed, pre-stamped envelopes a while back so I would write more. It makes it so easy!

      OMG the pizza & oats were soooo good!

      Delete
  2. We dont have many plans for valentines day since we have a little toddler ha. but I'm sure it'll be relaxing! cute blog friend! hope you'll stop by mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely check your blog out, thanks for stopping by Caitlin!

      Delete
  3. I've been reading The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, and it is just that... life changing! I have attacked my clothes already (5 garbage bags full) and now I am ready to move on to the next category!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss! Good for you, Melanie! That must be such a great feeling. I keep hearing about that book. I'll have to reserve it through the library.

      Delete
  4. I've never heard of that 20/20 rule but I really like it! Getting rid of excess "stuff" is one of my goals this year as well, and I think I need to apply that rule! New Zealand is on my travel bucket list- hope you have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle!

      It just seems so simple. Stores are everywhere now & things can be bought for so cheap. Is the clutter in my house worth it when replacing it would be so easy? Seems like not.

      Delete
  5. Hope you enjoy those overnight oats..you earned them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gretchen, they were delicious. I did a little dance in my work cube. Haha.

      Delete
  6. I've never heard of the 20/20 rule, but that's kind of smart! And I'm curious what you thought about Whole30. I've done it twice now, and I've decided it's not for me or my health goals, but it was a good practice in self control + learning how certain foods affect my body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think in essence I agree with what you said it's not for me or my goals. But it was a good tool to get back to eating more intuitively, eating when I'm hungry & stopping when I'm full.

      I plan to do a post in the next week or so going into more detail on my thoughts.

      Delete
  7. Have so much fun on your trip! New Zealand sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!