Wednesday, January 27, 2016

WIAW #6 : I'm so hungry

Hey hey there everybody, it's HUMP DAY WIAW so I'm linking up to showcase a day of eats.


One of my January goals was no workouts skipped for the month of January. While I am a little off base so far I was pretty pleased with myself yesterday. I had a hard workout on the schedule, 4 x 1 mile @ 8:30 pace & I got up & nailed it. Mile 4 was rough, and I stopped once for a breather so I didn't show the whole gym my breakfast, but I got right back into it & finished mile #4.

I think my tough workout had something to do with my insatiable hunger the rest of the day. I was a bottomless pit. Pre-workout I scarfed down 2 hard boiled eggs as has been my norm during Whole30.

Breakfast was a smoothie, Whole30 rule police can kindly exit now ;) I used frozen strawberries, pineapple & mango. Tossed a super ripe banana in there & used about 1/2 a can of coconut milk for my liquid. It gives everything a vaguely coconutty flavor, but more than anything makes the whole smoothie super creamy.



Lunch was eaten early...like 10:35AM early. I held out as long as I could, but for whatever reason the smoothie just wasn't doing it's job. I had a massive salad, topped with chicken, HB egg, cucumber, tomato, carrot & AVOCADO. Look at that beauty. I may have gotten a little too excited when I opened this sucker up at my desk. I dressed the whole thing with oil, vinegar & sea salt.




Then, surprise, surprise, come actual lunchtime, I found myself  hungry again.  So, I sliced up an apple & topped it with Once Again Organic Almond Butter. I had never had this stuff before, but a co-worker who's not a fan of almonds passed it along to me & I was elated to see that the only ingredient was ALMONDS! Imagine that.


This stuff was absolutely delicious & the perfect texture. A little runny, but just the right amount to spread over the whole apple slice. Mmm. My only disappointment is when I checked this stuff out at the store that afternoon a jar was selling for $14. What? Do people really pay $14 for a jar of almond butter on the regular? Am I crazy for thinking that's expensive?

Let's ignore my hideously chipped nail polish

 Not pictured is the Coconut Cream Pie Lara Bar I inhaled at 2:30PM, nor the 2 handfuls of almonds I had at 3:30PM. And I was still so hungry.


Dinner came together in a flash, thankfully, because I was ready to gnaw my arm off. Pan roasted potatoes, broccoli & an Aidell's Chicken & Apple Sausage. I dipped my broccoli & potatoes in a new "mixture" I am obsessed with. I take spicy brown mustard & add hot sauce (equivalent to Frank's Red Hot). So good. It happened on accident once when things on my plate started touching. It was such a happy accident I've continued to make it.


After dinner was the rest of the potatoes that were meant to be saved for the next day as well as a grapefruit. And I'm still hungry.

POLL TIME : My BF says lots of people do not like sweet potatoes, I say he is crazy.
SWEET POTATOES : YAY or NAY?

Do you eat almond butter? 
How much do you pay for a jar?

8 comments:

  1. GIVE ME your salad. Right now. I need it! Also your dinner looks so simple and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was, one of my favorite go-to dinners right now. Thanks for reading, Morgan!

      Delete
  2. I refuse to pay more than $7-8 for a can of almond butter. It's insanely expensive! Great job doing your mile repeat workout. If I don't add some sort of protein to my morning smoothie, I'll be starving all day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I'm used to buying off brand PB so even $7-8 seems expensive to me!

      Delete
  3. I definitely have days like this where I'm so hungry I eat lunch way too early and then keep having "meals" every few hours that don't really correspond to real meal times haha. As for sweet potatoes, I like them, but I'm not totally in love with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it seems to have subsided since then, so it must have been my running more than usual for a weekday.

      Delete
  4. Hail to the days of all the hunger!
    14$? Holy crow. Good thing you received that little pack for free.
    My boyfriend says he does not like sweet potatoes - yet everyone in the blogger world seems to love them. So I don't know. Maybe its just us? Regardless. They have my heart. Although white potatoes do as well - and the ones on your dinner plate look perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give me any kind of potato, especially when they're cooked up a little crispy. Oh yeah.

      I guess too I grew up eating them all the time, so I didn't have an option.

      Delete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!