Monday, January 18, 2016

Weekend Highlights

 This past week at work was a looooong week. Every day seemed to drag on. So I was more than ready to curl up watching Netflix come Friday night. I rushed home, threw together a quick dinner & hopped in bed with the covers pulled up to my chin. I turned on Parenthood & spent the rest of the evening binge watching & it was exactly what I needed, since I knew the rest of the weekend would be full of activity.

Saturday started out with a group run...and the BF decided to join me. Even after I told him it meant leaving the house at 7AM & running 8 miles in the cold & rain. I think he thinks I'm crazy...


A New Balance rep was there and I got a chance to test out a pair of their 860's. I was a little nervous to wear a new shoe on an 8 mile run, but the ended up being super comfortable & may be my next pair of running shoes!


The BF managed to survive the run & we headed back to his place for some breakfast & a NAP. Later in the day we headed to Hartwood Acres to hike a few miles. It was a new to me park and we spent about an hour & a half looping around different short trails until we made it back to the car. After our morning run it was a nice way to stretch out our legs & earn our dinner.



We hurried home, rinsed off & headed to pick up the BF's sister & her BF & headed down to a bar called Sidelines for all you can eat crab legs. Mmm. Say what you will about seafood from a sportsbar in a landlocked city...this stuff was good.


We got so into it at one point a piece of crab meat plunked into one of the glasses at the table. Oops. In between beers we convinced the BF's sister to join us the next morning for a hike.

The 3 of us headed to nearby North Park to hike a few miles. We took a trail we've hiked before, but must have made a different turn than usual, before we knew it we were two hours deep into our hike & much further from our car than we had planned on. We cheated & "hiked" the road back to the car otherwise we might still be out there! The plan was 3-4 miles, but we estimate we hiked between 7 & 8 miles!



During the last few minutes of our hike it started to snow & the temperature started to drop. So it was time to hunker down & snuggle up for a lazy rest of the night.

All you can eat crab legs, yay or nay?
If you run, what's your current running shoe? I'm on the hunt for a new pair.
Does your significant other workout with you, or do they think you're crazy?

I'm linking up with CaryleeJennaErin & Katie for Weekend Updates as well as HoHo Runs & MissSippiPiddlin for their Weekly Wrap.

12 comments:

  1. Oh man, SO jealous of your crab. I have such an obsession and rarely get it. now I want it so bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It hadn't crossed my mind in months...but after I ate it Saturday it's all I can think about! I want more, I need MORE!

      Delete
  2. I love getting the chance to trial new shoes. Parenthood is such a good show, good call for binge watching in bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on the final season now & I have no idea what I'll do when it ends.

      Delete
  3. Those look like great shoes! I would be nervous wearing new shoes for that long of a run!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was super nervous to try them. I think I lucked out that they happened to fit right & not rub in any weird places.

      Delete
  4. You were really brave to try new shoes for a longish run. I have been wearing the same model for 4 years and would never have the nerve to do that. You are lucky to be able to hike so close to your home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wearing the same model of Brooks for years but they changed the most recent version & it's not bueno. So sadly I need a new shoe to love. Haha

      Delete
  5. Parenthood was so good! I still have the last episode saved. It was excellent the way they ended it too. My husbands thinks I'm nuts but still supports me. We both love seafood but I usually don't order crab legs because they take work. HA! I wear Mizuno Inspires for stability and have never tried NB. It would be so helpful to go for a run in all running shoes before having to purchase them. Thanks for linking with us Jessie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm so glad to hear it ends in a good // satisfying way. Some shows don't and it claws at my insides.

      I will say the all you can eat crab legs were quite a bit of work. I can't imagine how much I would have eaten if the meat was already pulled out of the shell for me!

      Delete
  6. Ha I love Netflix and my current show is Nightwatch I'm hooked! Now what side deal did you have with your BF to come along on the run with you? Ha, that is great he did. My husband would have stayed in bed for the run but would have so joined me for the All you can Eat Crab Legs! ;)
    I'm currently running in Sacony Glide I believe it's called. Newer to me but I do like them so far. Glad to see you link up with us again, Jessie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like my kind of Friday night. Love the pictures from your group run and your hike. Looks like beautiful scenery. We have runs at our local Fleet Feet where you can test shoes from different companies on different nights. I haven't been, but it looks like fun. I'm currently rotating between the Asics Gel Nimbus 17's and the HOKA Clifton 2's. Both offer a lot of cushioning, which I like.

    ReplyDelete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!