Monday, January 11, 2016

Weekend Highlights : Rolling with the punches

 This weekend was due to be jam-packed with fun. Friends from out of town, meal prep (I know, normal people do not get excited about this), running & hiking. And somehow about half of that got derailed. It's Monday already & somehow I feel like I got nothing done. Even still, I'll be linking up with HoHo Runs & MissSippiPiddlin for their Weekly Wrap.

Friday night (read : 1130PM which is WAAAYYY past my bedtime) I picked my friends Trent & Chika up from the airport. They were in town for a wedding on Saturday but needed a place to crash Friday night. Enter me.

We got back to my place after midnight and stayed up chatting & catching up until almost 3AM. Which is honestly closer to the time I wake up than the time I usually go to bed. Since we headed to bed so late we weren't up & moving until about 9:30.

Our first stop was Eggs-R-Us. A hole in the wall diner in the Greentree // Oakwood section of Pittsburgh. Tables are first come first serve, and with only about 10-ish of them, this place fills up fast. Luckily we snagged a table right away.


After a few too many coffee refills the place started to fill up, so we surrendered our table. We headed back to my place to get ready for the day & continue our conversation before saying goodbye at the hotel for the wedding.


Right about the time I said goodbye to Trent & Chika, my former roommate Stef called, wanting to see if I would meet her for a late lunch to catch up. Sure thing I said. So I headed to Chipotle to meet her. No pics, because let's be honest, I've only got about a 10 second window from start to finish. And I totally forgot until I was down to like 2 shreds of lettuce in my bowl. OOPS.

I skipped running because after my grocery store run it was dark. The grocery was a MADHOUSE & out of 50% of the things I wanted. So I had to regroup quickly. This changed my meal prep a bit, but I think my next week of eats will still turn out just fine.


I treated myself to some new nail polish & a DIY manicure that turned out pretty good.




Sunday? Well Sunday was sort of a bust. I skipped an early AM hike because the weather was awful & I just didn't feel like hiking in the rain. When the sun peeked out around 1030AM I headed out for a short run. I got in 3.25 miles, and all of them felt like I was trudging through mud.

The BF & I were due for a hike Sunday afternoon, but 20+ mile an hour winds & snow turned that into a quick NOPE. So, we did laundry, watched a lot of Netflix & made some venison stew.


Not a bad way to end the weekend, but not exactly what I had planned. But some days I guess you just have to roll with the punches.

How was your weekend?
Do you paint your nails -- what's your favorite color?

6 comments:

  1. Your nails look great! I have recently started trying to do my own, and they have come out ok but don't last as long as when I get them done at the salon. But its a great way to save money!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do my toenails religiously & have a good method down for them, but my fingernails are pretty much uncharted territory.

      Delete
  2. Love your nails! I think my nails have been painted about 5 times in my life, and all of those were by my niece trying out her new nail polish colors. I just can't stand when they chip! And the smudging because I always touch them before they dry! And removing the polish! I guess I am just not a nail polisher but I love it on others. I'm amazed you were up at 9:30 a.m. after going to bed at 3!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I pretty much feel the same except mine have been done for different events (weddings) I've participated in. A few nails chipped today at work, I must be a pretty aggressive typist. We'll see how long it lasts before the chips bug me & I have to take it all off.

      Haha, my stomach woke me up, but my brain complained the whole way.

      Delete
  3. I'm right with ya I love to find hole in the wall restaurants in new cities, they have the best food! Hate you didn't get your hike in but hey netflix, stew not a bad trade off at all I'd say! Appreciate you linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can count the number of times my nails have been painted on one hand...and I'm over 50! I was never good at it. I do polish my toes and will use all kinds of weird colors. A weekend watching Netflix and eating stew sounds heavenly. I hope your weather is better this weekend. Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!