Thursday, January 28, 2016

Thinking out Loud : Defining my Personality

I stumbled over to Kristina's blog for the first time in a while yesterday. She had written about a free personality test she took from 16 Personalities (and I am in no way affiliated or being paid to say this, it's just so darn neat). Naturally I clicked the link immediately to take a personality test of my own. But not before I picked out what I considered myself to be from the image below...& boy do I know myself. Haha


I find personality tests to be so interesting. This one took less than 15 minutes, compared to the more famous Myers - Briggs test which takes FOREVER, but yielded me the same result. Saying to me, that if you ask the right questions it's fairly easy to get to the core of someone. I read through my "Personality Profile" & it fits me pretty darn well.


^ THIS. This right here. Yup. I'm forever taking things a little too far or offending the sensitive people around me (without realizing it).

Based on this assessment I'm insensitive, impatient, unstructured & defiant. But on the flip side, I'm bold, rational, original, perceptive & direct. I would agree 100%. What does this mean? I'm the friend who will really tell you that dress looks bad & I'll do so without hesitation because there is not time to waste. You won't find me moving slowly unless I've just finished a marathon & slow walkers make me want to punch a wall. My friends have told me time & time again that I'm an "acquired taste". At first it's hard to know what to make of me, but then you find out I'm delightful. < --- wow that sounded super conceited. 

While I don't think a specific personality type defines me, it's interesting how correctly it pinned down some of my thoughts. The review at the end of the test talks about how your personality type fares in relationships, parenthood, the workplace & more. I have no plans to change, because I'm happy being me, but I do try to be aware of how I may be perceived by others, good or bad.

Have you ever taken a personality test? What was the result?
Any other ESTP's out there?

I'm linking up with Amanda today for #ThinkingOutLoud


14 comments:

  1. No; I got INFP -- which seems to be rather accurate for me. Definitely an introvert who sometimes cares to much about how others feel (although if I didn't like how someone was dressed & was asked, I'd tell them).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you took the "test", Judy! Interesting insight into ourselves, right?

      Delete
  2. I've taken a few personality tests in my time, and it's always interesting to get a little glimpse into why you do the things you do. I got INTJ for that one, which I think is pretty accurate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I was reading & thinking to myself, they just get me.

      Delete
  3. We are complete opposites - I'm an INFJ! Maybe that means we'd make great real life friends because we'd complement each other? :-)

    I've taken the actual Myers Briggs, last year actually, and I typed pretty heavily in each of the four categories. I think it describes to to a T: I'm inwardly-focused and socializing is very draining for me, I'm not detail-oriented and I thrive with more big-picture, abstract creative thinking, I'm sensitive and listen to my gut when making decisions, and I am a planner who thrives on structure.

    Fun fact: when people are stressed out, they tend to act the opposite of their preferences. So if you and I were both under a lot of stress I might act more like you and you might act more like me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha we just may! Now I'm interested to know what my friends are (and the BF too...hmm...)

      That's very interesting. I do feel like when I am stressed I become much more go with my gut kind of gal, which is sort of unlike me.

      Delete
  4. I've taken that test a ew times over the years, mostly while I was in college (I was a communication major, so all of my professors thought they were being cool and original giving it to us..) I wonder how my personality has changed since then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely would be an interesting experiment to take every few years. Dear future self, please remember this. Haha.

      Delete
  5. Wow, you are SO different from me. Sometimes it puts me as an introvert, sometimes as an extrovert? O_o I thnk I'm a ENFP?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But can you imagine if we were all the same?

      Delete
  6. i took this quiz a few months ago and i don't remember what i got but i remember it was spot on in some areas. crazy! i agree though, i have no desire to change but i think it helps to know how other people see me or even so that people can understand me a bit better, if that makes sense.

    i also wanted to say thank you for your comment on my blog about the alternative for lucas papaw! i couldn't find your email to respond, sorry! but thank you, i will definitely look out for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm. I'll have to see if I can make my email easier to find...

      Yes, I definitely like it as a tool to understand my interactions better & how I may come across to others.

      Delete
  7. I took the Meyer's Briggs personality test a couple years ago and got ENFJ, I just took this one and got ESFP! I identify with both... but it's cool to see how my personality may be changing a little bit... I can definitely understand the difference! Extroverted and Feeling will definitely never change though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How interesting. I hope it pops in my brain to take this again a few years from now to see if I've changed.

      Delete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!