Thursday, January 14, 2016

Thinking out Loud #6




I'm linking up with Amanda today for Thinking out Loud. I had some random things I wanted to get out there, and this is the perfect way.


Thinking-Out-Loud2


1. We got our first snow Monday night. And this is what the weather was like when I woke up Wednesday morning.
NOPE. Nope-ity, nope, nope, nope. FEELS LIKE -9!? I'm trying to embrace winter & all, but since the best parts are snuggling up & drinking spiked hot chocolate & I can currently do none of those things, I'm ready to embrace the count down 'til Spring.

2. When did you tell friends & family about your blog? The BF knows I have one & I've mentioned it to a friend or two, but haven't given anyone a link. So the only soul I know who has seen this is the BF. & he thinks Internet strangers reading things I write & then leaving comments about it is silly. So, doesn't really make me want to tell other people I know. Haha.

3. Going to the dentist gives me heart palpitations & makes me sweaty & clammy & it's awful. I would rather run a full marathon every day for a week than go to the dentist ONCE. I managed to skate in & out this week with a clean bill of health. Phew. I can breathe easy for another 6 months.

4. No one managed to summit Everest in 2015. < -- that'll take you to the article. The April earthquake was devastating to the mountain community & the lives of those who make Everest possible. But I was shocked to hear that not a soul reached the summit.

 5. I was going to do a nice little WIAW post yesterday, until I looked at the pictures of my eats & they all looked exactly the same, because apparently I've eaten the exact same thing for pretty much every meal this week. Yeah...these pictures are actually from different days. Womp womp womp.


6. I posted about my trip to Africa & climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro yesterday, so if you've got a hot second check it out. I'll be posting part 2 next Thursday.


7. I just really don't like even #'s. There is no middle # & I do not like that.

10 comments:

  1. I used to be super secretive and shy about my blog as well, but you've gotta be proud of what you're doing and rock that sh*t with confidence otherwise you'll be proving all the skeptics right! And I hear ya on the dentist -- scariest.thing.EVER. Even if I know I'm just going in for a cleaning. Eep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! I am proud. I guess I just feel like a lot of what I'm writing people in real life already know. But I need to be more confident. If they don't want to read they don't have to!

      Delete
  2. Oh man, the snow and the negative temps this week? BLAH!

    I bet more people would understand the blog than you think - people are used to the idea of connecting online these days!

    Thanks for the Everest link! Off to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. It's how I've ended up meeting some of the most important people in my life. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. hahhaha my life is basically eating the same thing every single day. I sometimes have the same thing for lunch and dinner..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shredded chicken, sweet potatoes & bell pepper x 10 this week. Why did I switch it up? I ran out of chicken. Haha. So I feel you.

      Delete
  4. I agree with Kim, I think way more people these days are used to the idea of connecting online - look at all the online dating sites. And it's only going to get even more mainstream as the first generation of "digital natives" starts to come of age. I blasted my blog out on my FB the minute I started it - I really wanted people to read it! With that said, I do feel weird referencing it in real life conversations and promoting myself to new people I meet, and I get shy when friends of mine bring it up. It's a weird hang up I have, I guess. I think that more blog friends than real life friends read my blog, so it kind of feels like they are two separate worlds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you put it that way, the BF really should understand, we met via online dating. I'll have to make sure to mention that one to him! Haha.

      I do feel a bit like they are two separate worlds, but I know some real life people would like to read about things I write. HM training especially.

      Delete
  5. When did you start your blog? I told my family/friends pretty quickly haha, but that was a personal choice because I was away from home and I knew they wanted to read about my experiences! Eating the same thing = consistency! Have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started around Thanksgiving of 2015, so just a month and change ago. I know my Mom would jump at the chance to read my blog. Haha.

      You too Sarah :)

      Delete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!