Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Workout Recap : 12/14 - 12/20

Monday : Rest
The BF has Mondays off work this month, so I've been taking them as a rest day each week. Not ideal for me, but it's one of our few chances to sleep in together, so I deal.

Tuesday : Strength training // Arms + treadmill run
Lifting was frustrating. Sometimes the weight room is packed, other times desolate, but there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason as to when. Every machine I wanted was taken, or working funny. I got it done, but didn't push myself. Ran 2+ miles on the treadmill afterwards.

Wednesday : Strength training // Legs + Spin
A speed workout was on the schedule, but I wasn't in the mood to run. The gym was desolate this morning so my leg routine was done super quick. I didn't have to wait for anything and was able to get each lift done in my preferred order. Afterwards I hopped on the spin bike for 20 minutes to keep things loose.

Thursday : Rest
I slept in, and almost slept through my alarm clock & it was GLORIOUS. I regret nothing.

Friday : Strength training // Legs + Arms
I did 2 short circuits, one focused on upper body, one focused on lower body. I'm thinking one full day of lifting + another 1 or 2 short sessions during the week will be how I fit strength into my half marathon training. I only run 3 days a week so I have plenty of time to fit it in.

Saturday : 7 miles // 9:20 pace
Back at it with a group run. I stuck with the 9:30 pace group, sort of. They took a super long water stop, but I wasn't trying to stand around, so I struck off on my own with a few others who felt the same way. I thought my watch had started, but I looked down to check my pace about a mile in & nothing had registered, so my watch was all sorts of off on this.

If your Garmin is on your wrist but doesn't register a run, did you really run?

Sunday : 6-ish mile hike // 2 hours hike time
Headed to a nearby park. The trail was challenging in parts. A few steep hills & 3 creek crossings each way. And losing the trail a few times which meant walking through a few yards. Oops.


So, 2 workouts outside, CHECK.
12+ miles run, NOPE.

If I had run Wednesday like I set out to do I would have made it. But since I'm not training for anything yet it's not worth forcing myself to run.

Since I'll be doing lots of travelling this coming week ( PA --> KY --> MS --> KY --> PA) I'm not holding myself to the same standards. I'll be gone for 7 days. So, I'm going to work towards 1 run, 1 walk & 2 indoor circuit type workouts. Doesn't sound like much, but I want to be realistic with what I can do.

What will your Christmas time workouts look like?
Anyone else traveling far away?

I'm linking up with Marcia, Patty & Erika today for Tuesdays on the Run. Next Tuesday I'll recap my 2015 year of running & have updates on what spring of 2016 will look like for me. Hopefully I'll even have my training plan ready to go by then.

10 comments:

  1. Great job this week! Awesome graphic too! Love being able to see all the workout data in one place. I usually go to Tennessee for the holidays, but luckily this year we're staying in PA. Hope you have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really worked hard this past week, so many workouts! I'm not crazy about the gym at times, especially when I want to use certain equipment and can't!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I do love the access to equipment it gives me when it's cold, rainy & dark outside. But it definitely has it's trade offs.

      Delete
  3. I agree--it's tough to fit in everything you want to do with the holidays and travel. Have a great week and holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on your workouts last week! I like your recap graphic! I'm not travelling this year so I should be fine. Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is always nice sleeping in after some hard workouts from the week. I hate when my GPS never gets a signal.
    I am not traveling this yr for xmas. So nice to spending time home w family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that graphic you have with your workouts in it! Even bad workouts would look happy and great in that! I went to the gym yesterday and did "arms", but I have never really segmented my weights into arms and legs, so I felt pretty cool saying I was doing "arms" :) Sadly my workout was cut short today with some hip pain. So it might be a no-running holiday for me. Stinks, but gotta keep looking at the overall health picture at times like that.

    ReplyDelete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!