Wednesday, December 9, 2015

WIAW : Stuck on repeat

I'm linking up today for WIAW {What I Ate Wednesday} with Clean Eats, Fast Feets. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, follow the links to see what I'm talking about...after you finish reading of course. ;)



Sometimes I want to eat something different every day & nothing quite holds my attention for long. Other days/times, like recently, my mind is stuck on one food or meal and all I want is to eat that over & over & over again.

So, here I am, suck on repeat.

I captured my Monday eats. In the spirit of honesty, I decided to post them, despite Monday being nothing like I expected & nothing like normal. I usually don't attend too many meetings, but I ran to & from them all day. I'm usually eating every hour or so, but Monday I barely managed 3 meals.

Not even 9 am, in an act, just proving I hadn't had my coffee yet, I showed up to the wrong building for a meeting, making me 5 minutes late. Good one Jessie

Coffee, the few ounces that didn't spill as I ran to my meeting, was gulped down before I had to run back for my next meeting.

Instead of a meal, my pre-breakfast snack looked something like this. A peanut butter pretzel I stole from the Ugly Sweater party on Saturday. So good. Side note, recipe here. Go make these, they're delicious.


Breakfast should have been oatmeal...but since I sat down to eat it around 11AM sweet just wasn't going to cut it...

So I had my whole wheat spaghetti & meat sauce for elevensies (tell me someone knows this reference...) & while I usually manage to dump my food out of its Tupperware & onto a plate, that just didn't happen today either.


Lunch, if you can even call it that, was scarfed at 3:45-ish while I tried to listen in to a conference call & make meaningful comments in between bites. Oatmeal, with a scoop of Designer Whey chocolate protein, PB2, a TBS of mini chocolate chips & a sliced banana. Not pretty, but oh so delicious.



And dinner, finally, the only relaxed meal I had all day. I've been stuck with these salads on repeat.
Spring mix, cucumber, 2 hard boiled eggs, feta cheese, craisins, bacon bits & warm buffalo chicken. I top it all off with some garlic vinaigrette & a few shakes of garlic salt. YUM. I think I've had this combo every day for a week now, and I'm still going strong. It's what I'll likely have tomorrow too.


Most of the evening was spent watching Parenthood on Netflix. I'm a few years late to the party here. But such a good show. If you haven't watched it already, I definitely recommend. And my booze choice. Redd's Apple Ale. I'm not a beer drinker, because I find the taste to be revolting, but I love cider. This is a good in-betweener. And served at lots of bars too. So I've always got something I can order.
Source
And I can't forget, my 10PM jerky. While I was packing my gym bag & food bag I had forgotten that the BF had packed me up some of the jerky we made on Sunday. So I snacked on a stick or two. Mmm. Salty, meaty goodness.


So kids, the moral of today's story is, it pays to pack your lunch. Otherwise I would have been one very HANGRY Jessie as I travelled from meeting to meeting. And that I'm also the Tupperware Queen as I managed to eat 99% of my meals from Tupperware...too bad they're not looking for spokesmen.

Any foods you're "stuck" on?
Do you go out to lunch most days or "brown bag" it?

16 comments:

  1. What a hectic day! I've had a few non-stop days this week myself, so I can relate. That salad looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one running around like crazy! It's interesting how big a difference sitting down to enjoy a meal can make in your day.

      Delete
  2. I like your 'stuck on repeat.' It looks really tasty! I usually eat yogurt EVERY day or trail mix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm. I do love yogurt. I'm not in a yogurt phase right now, but I did go through 6 months or so this year where I ate yogurt every morning.

      Delete
  3. I am definitely going to need those PB pretzels. That's the best combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so addicting. Little salty, little sweet, my mouth is watering.

      Delete
  4. I defintiely get stuck on repeat sometimes! Lately it's been yogurt for breakfast and indian food for lunch haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I could eat Indian food every day forever.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I caught up with Parenthood when the second half of the last season was just airing, and I LOVE that show. One big cry fest, please and thank you. And totally caught the elevensies reference, have no fear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad someone got the reference.

      And I would say I cry every other episode if not more often. Such a good show, though I'm a little sad its ended. I don't know how it ends, I'm only in Season 3, but at the rate I'm going it will be sooner rather than later.

      Delete
  6. I think this is a great reflection on how you rolled with the punches throughout the day and not everything goes as planned! That salad sounds soooo good. Also, parenthood?! My fave show ever. I was so sad when it ended. Enjoy it, its among the best out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have eaten that salad twice yesterday. It happens. Haha.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. I've never tried Redd's apple ale, but I do like cider so I might have to give it a try! I almost always pack my lunch, otherwise i find it so hard to get out of the office to go get something! (Plus I don't like spending the money).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Exactly. Lunch out adds up so quickly!

      Redd's isn't super sweet which I like, it can be hard to drink more than one cider for me because of the sweet factor in some of them.

      Delete
  8. That salad!! No doubt you've been having it all week. The combination of flavors sound explosive. I gravitate towards wanting a lot of variety, so I tend to have something different from day to day, but when I do find something I really like... I really like it. And I have I'll definitely have it on repeat. I've had the same squash lasagna four nights in a row now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm. Squash lasagna sounds great. I used to want something new every night. But cooking for 1 & not eating repeats can get tiresome quick. So I've sort of learned to love them. :)

      Delete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!