Wednesday, December 16, 2015

WIAW #2 : I like your salad

I'm linking up for WIAW today with Arman, so let's get started!


I walked into the grocery store on Saturday with NO plan. This is so not like me, and it showed in my purchases, I ended up with a bunch of random things, but not much in the way of meals. So, I'm just over here hodge podging together my eats. So far so good. I haven't starved to death yet.


Breakfast this week has been a mushroom, pepper, sausage & onion frittata I made on Sunday. I've been eating a slice each morning with a cooked sweet potato. Unfortunately I've been hungry each day about a half hour after I finish eating. So, while it is tasty, this is NOT a keeper in the breakfast rotation.


Since breakfast wasn't doing the trick I needed something quick to keep the hunger at bay. Que the dates & almond butter. I love this combo & it's an easy one to have on hand at my desk in case of hanger emergencies...such as Monday mornings.



Last week I participated in WIAW, my first, which you can find here. I talked about a salad that I just couldn't get enough of. Well, the trend continued this week...

So, imagine my surprise when I'm heating up my buffalo chicken on Monday & a co-worker walks by to compliment my salad & how good it looks. Not my cute outfit, or my hair, which happened to be ON POINT, my salad. I thought okay, I mean, that is a good lookin' salad. UNTIL, another co-worker came over while I was munching away to tell me how good my salad looked. A few moments later a THIRD did the same thing.

If you're keeping track that's THREE compliments about my salad. Three. Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks this is a winning combo. And apparently my hair didn't look as good as I thought.



Monday afternoons in my world seems to go best with a second (or third) cup of coffee. I played barista & dumped a packet of Swiss Miss (with marshmallows!!!) into the bottom of the cup before I let the Keurig get to work. Mmm. Poor Man's Mocha so to speak.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank my work for having a Keurig & K-cups aplenty, always, so I am forever caffeinated. 

Dinner was going to be a can of peaches, eaten straight from the can, until I wised up & decided that I might as well make myself some real food.


So an ooey, gooey turkey & cheese quesadilla with fajita peppers & onions to the rescue, with a side of salsa & avocado. It was good, but in the spirit of lazy, next time I'll stick with the can of peaches.

Not pictured is my Redd's Apple Ale. They're sucking up precious top shelf fridge space. Amatuer move putting the whole 12 pack in at once, I know, lesson learned. But I've got to keep drinking them. ;)


What's your go-to filling breakfast? Overnight oats anyone?
What was your last super lazy meal? I eat chips & guac for dinner more often than I should admit.
Anyone have any simple homemade coffee drinks to share?

6 comments:

  1. I used to alwyas go to the store sans plan until I realized I was making like 3 trips a weeks. Oops! That salad DOES look amazing though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting close to the point where I am either going to have to make another trip or eat weird things that aren't really meals until the weekend. Neither is a very good choice.

      Delete
  2. Last super lazy meal was probably some rice and squash I ate yesterday. It was good and very lazy. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that sounds much better than a can of peaches in terms of a lazy meal!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I actually prefer eggs for my best "fill up" breakfast! That turkey and cheese quesadilla looks so good. And your salad is so pretty ;) but perhaps not as good looking as your hair! ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was certain eggs would keep me full until lunch, not sure why it's not working!

      Delete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!