Monday, December 7, 2015

Weekend Highlights : Good Food & Ugly Sweaters

My weekend was a nice blend of relaxing AND productive. That combination is elusive & rare in my world. I'm sure you know the feeling.

Saturday morning was busy.

I meal plan & make up my grocery list on Friday so I can hit up the store first thing Saturday.
I didn't need much this week. There are a few holiday work parties this week & a day trip for work, so there are several meals I just don't need to worry about, which is A-OK in my book.

I'll be making Oreo Truffles later this week for our Holiday Potluck at work, so I picked up the ingredients for that & I'll be sure to share the recipe. It's super simple & requires NO baking!

After I hit up the store, I headed out for a run in an old neighborhood of mine. It was in the low 40s when I started running, but I'll be the crazy lady in shorts until it starts to get below freezing.



Saturday night I was off to my old college roommate's annual Ugly Sweater Christmas Party. There were tons of great things to munch on, a white elephant gift exchange, and many friends all in one place.


There was just one little problem. I went to multiple thrift stores, ALL of which were sold out of ugly sweaters. So I cheated & bought a cute one. Shrugs.


Sunday held some "sleeping in", can you even call 830AM sleeping in? Then the BF & I headed off for a hike at the nearby North Park.



It was kind of chilly to start, but hiking quickly warmed us up. 



The evening was spent curled up on the couch, drinking wine & watching Blue Bloods on Netflix.


How was your weekend?
What shows should I watch next on Netflix?
What's your go-to potluck dish?

I'm linking up with CaryleeJennaErinKatie for Weekend Updates as well as HoHo Runs MissSippiPiddlin for their Weekly Wrap.

14 comments:

  1. I've made Oreo truffles 3 different times for different events this week. SO easy, and so good! Usually for a potluck I'll either bring meatballs or bacon wrapped lil smokies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh. Good call with the meatballs! I have another potluck party this weekend. I'll probably make those since they're pretty hands off.

      Delete
  2. I also like to run in shorts until I basically can't, although I've been much more of a wuss about it this year for some reason. I heat up very quickly when I run so overdressing is a much bigger problem for me than underdressing has ever been. There have been so many runs I've been on where the temp is in the 50s and I see other runners out in pants, long sleeves and sometimes jackets and I think "how are you not dying right now?!" Ironically, when I'm not running I struggle to stay war...go figure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Me too! I passed to many people running in full glove, hat, pants combo. I was sweating in my shorts & long sleeve. & I'm with you. Any time except when working out I am SO COLD!

      Delete
  3. We have our ugly sweater party in two weeks and I am getting so excited!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you can manage to find an actual ugly sweater. The struggle was real!

      Delete
  4. I'm all for wine and netflix nights! My weekend was spent doing some celebrating for my fiancee's upcoming birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Happy Birthday to your fiancee. Celebrating birthdays is the best. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Welcome to the Weekly Wrap. It's nice to meet you. I love the word "sass" by the way. It's hilarious how popular ugly sweaters have become. I could dig around in my closet for some real treasures! Oreo Truffles sound delicious. Watergate salad is an easy go-to for potluck. I hope you have a wonderful week and will make a habit of linking with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! So glad you stopped by. Love the link-up. It will definitely be a habit.

      Oh yes, watergate salad. My mom always makes that for holidays, but it never crossed my mind for a potluck.

      Delete
  6. I'm so glad you are joining us for the weekly wrap, very nice to meet you Jessie. Those oreo truffles sound delicious! I can't wait for the recipe I love easy! Your ugly Christmas sweater party sounds like a lot of fun too. I look forward to more of your posts I do hope you will be back. You do know about our giveaway right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'll definitely be back! And I saw the giveaway info posted when I linked up yesterday. Great timing on my part. :)

      Thanks for hosting!

      Delete
  7. It's funny that Ugly Sweaters have gotten so popular. I used to wear them all the time when I was younger. I've had Oreo Truffles. They are yummy! I usually do some kind of layered dip or fudge for potluck. I'm not much of a cook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! My mom used to make me one every year with puff paint for the holidays! If only they still fit, I would be SET!

      Delete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!