Thursday, December 3, 2015

Thinking out Loud #1: Let's get it started

Today I am linking up for "Thinking out Loud" with Running with Spoons



Thinking-Out-Loud2

This post has a little bit of everything, a few rants, a few raves, a few facts.
Hope you enjoy & consider joining the linkup next week, it's hosted every Thursday!

1. A back road I take to work now has a new stop sign...I know this because I ran the stop sign the other day, much to the chagrin of everyone else waiting their turn. In my defense, there probably should have been a warning sign. On a 45 MPH road...if you want to put your stop sign at the end of a blind curve. Jus' sayin'.

2. November weather in Pittsburgh was pretty atypical (read : warm & sunny), now that the winter gloom is in full effect, I am counting down the days until my trip to New Zealand in February!!! I'll be spending 10 days on the South Island , 4 of those in Queenstown (pictured below) & escaping cold, dreary winter time Pittsburgh in the process.

Source
3. I'm swimming in turkey at my house. My mother made THREE turkeys for SIX of us on Thanksgiving. If you're good at math, that's 1/2 turkey per person. Even if you're bad at math, it's still 1/2 a turkey per person. And though I froze most of the leftovers, opening my freezer door will be a game of chance until I can manage to use some of this.



4. The best $25 I ever spent was buying a heated blanket for my cube at work. It is forever freezing in this place. If I cozy up with my blanket & a mug full of coffee while I draft a blog post, I almost forget I'm at work. Oh wait...

5. Some days, being a grown up rocks. Like on Tuesday, the BF and I headed out for drinks with some friends. But, since we all had adulting to do the next day, no one felt like party poopers when 930PM rolled around & we all agreed it was time to go home.

6. I am on the hunt for an ugly sweater. I'm headed to an Ugly Sweater party this Saturday, but wasn't smart enough to grab my old standby when I was home for Thanksgiving. Every thrift store I've wandered into though has been sold out of ugly sweaters. So what's a girl to do?
Source

Anyone else headed to an Ugly Sweater party this year?
Anyone else have a Mom who made enough to feed an army?
What's your next vacation?

6 comments:

  1. LOL on #1! I spent my honeymoon on the South Island of New Zealand, and it was awesome! You're going to love it! February I'll be headed to a bad sweater party hosted by friends who have been holding one for many years...way before bad sweaters were a thing. It's just general ugly sweaters, though, not holiday themed. We've all noted that it's been harder & harder to find ugly sweaters as they get more popular each year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're headed to Christchurch, Queenstown & Mt. Cook. With some driving in between since we'll have a car. So if you've got any suggestions, bring 'em on!!! That sounds like a fantastic honeymoon destination!

      Too funny. My friends and I in college used to do something similar, an ugly sweater party. But I agree, now that they're all the rage Goodwill is always sold out of the ugliest ones!

      Delete
  2. I love turkey, and even that is excessive. That is like my mom with pies. Her policy is 1 pie per person and one for the pot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I didn't even bother mentioning my mom's my game. But the pie game is strong. We usually have a cake or two too.I think we hit our 1 per person mark this year.

      Delete
  3. Sold out of ugly sweaters?!?! Lololo! Maybe the big designers should try to capitalize on that and look into putting out a line of them around the holidays. You could always try to make your own by buying a normal sweater and gluing pom poms and what not to it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm considering it. Target & Walmart have some that they sell, but that just seems to go against the whole spirit if I buy it new. So the hunt continues!

      Delete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!