Thursday, December 24, 2015

Thinking out Loud #4 : Christmas Traditions

Times I am grateful that it's 50+ degrees in December...? When it means I'm not driving through ice & snow on my trek home home (uhh does anyone else struggle with what to call your birthplace when somewhere new is now home?) for Christmas.
Update : Times I'm not grateful it's 50+ degrees in December...when that means pouring rain & blinding fog.

Thinking this is one of those the grass is always greener situations...

I love Christmas Eve. I'm not a big present person, giving or receiving, so Christmas Eve is my jam. For as long as I can remember my family gets Chinese food for dinner (Christmas Story anyone?) before driving around to look at all the lights.

My X-Mas Eve 2014 fortune



Afterwards, we head home, get changed & head to church for the midnight service, which thankfully starts at 11PM. 'Cause I cannot stay up until 1AM. Haha. In our tiny church, with all the Easter Christmas Christians we send my Dad ahead early to lay coats out & snag us seats.

Christmas, now that my brother & I are adults, usually holds sleeping in, a BIG breakfast, like waffles, biscuits, eggs, bacon (cooked crispy & flabby), sausage, gravy, fruit, coffee & juice...for the 4 of us, and opening presents.


Later in the day some other family joins us and we have awkward meal. You know, the meal that's too late to be lunch, but too early to be dinner & only happens on holidays? Yeah? Tell me we're not the only family. My BF thinks were crazy for doing this.

Either way, Merry Christmas, I hope everyone reading gets to enjoy their day, however they choose to spend it. I'll catch you all next week. :)

What is your favorite Christmas tradition?
What time do you eat your Christmas meal?
How do you like your bacon cooked? Crispy or Flabby?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!