Sunday, December 27, 2015

A Year in Review : Saying Goodbye to 2015



I know, I know, we can all hardly believe how fast 2015 went, and it did indeed.

But before I look ahead to 2016, I wanted to take a look back at 2015.

There were lions & elephants & rhinos, OH MY.


I spent the end of January & beginning of February in Tanzania, climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro & spending the week after on a safari. I plan to do a trip recap (or two) to highlight my experience. So I'll keep this short, because I really want to upload every photo I took. But I MUST be strong.



March was spent celebrating. A friend got married & I turned 25!


April was a trip to NY, spent touring wineries & celebrating a friends 30th birthday.

Taughannock Falls State Park
May was for marathons. I ran marathon #3. Which I say will be my last. But I also said that after #2.


June held rain, not even our camping trip could escape it. But the few clear days held time spent on the river & at Pirates games, staring at this wonderful city of mine.




July held camping in Shenandoah National Park & black bears, literally.


August held excitement, my brother spent the summer of 2015 hiking the 2200 mile long Appalachian Trail, and he finally made it to end point in Maine, Mt. Katahdin.


September held my second Ragnar race, a road trip to Michigan for a wedding, my first triathlon & tomatoes from the garden, lot and lots of tomatoes.



October held a new apartment and a new half marathon PR.


November was a chance to breathe & a chance to visit home after 6 months away.

December has held warm weather, good eats, holidays parties & reflection. A chance to look back on all my photos & relive the fun.


I'll be back Tuesday with my 2015 running review & 2016 race goals and I'll have a post up in the next few days about what I want 2016 to look like for me, as well as some January goals, personal & running.

What was your favorite memory from 2015?
Any goals for the new year?
Do you set New Years resolutions? 

I'm linking up with Holly & Tricia today as I share my yearly wrap.

11 comments:

  1. It is always fun looking back over the past year, to see what we did & accomplished. Sounds like a great year !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! It was an amazing year.

      Delete
  2. Wow you had an incredible year! 2016 has some big shoes to fill :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I almost fear it can't live up. And btw so excited your pgh marathon training recaps have started!

      Delete
  3. SO COOL that you climbed Kilimanjaro! Also very cool that your brother hiked the Appalacian trail--that's on my bucket list. Overall looks like lots of great highlights from the year. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He had a deadline and missed the chance to stop and smell the roses. But I've hiked bits and pieces and I think that would be such a fun trip.

      Delete
  4. What a great 2015! You had so many adventures!!! I can only drool at the safari! I would so be tempted to upload every single picture too! Hey you should make one of those photo books dedicated to just that trip! I bet there are some amazing ones! Marathon #3 wow, I'm almost to my 1st and I'm already saying I won't do this again. I'm older and I just don't think my body can take it, but I'm curious why you say this is your last? :) Glad to have met you in 2015 and I look forward to what 2016 has in store for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I did something foolish and ran #1 & #2 just 2 weeks apart. And it took me 4 years to want to do another. For me, it's just more time than I want to spend training. I don't like to run more than 3 days a week. And 3 hour long runs each weekend just isn't something I enjoy. Halfs are my favorite. :)

      Delete
  5. I love how you formatted this post. You took some wonderful pictures and climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro is truly incredible and impressive. I can't imagine what adventures you will have in 2016! I see you did your first triathlon. Do you plan to do another? It's something I've been mulling over...but at my age, yikes. Thanks for linking with us, Jessie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly. And I will definitely do another tri. I had so much fun training for and competing in this race! I did the sprint distance and that was the perfect length. I'll admit I swam in HS, biked extensively and had several marathons under my belt when I decided to do a tri. But I think you would rock it! And built in cross training keeps things interesting.

      Delete
  6. You had an amazing year! Hiking Mt.Kilimanjaro and a safari sounds like quite an adventure! I look forward to your full recap of that trip. Hope you have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!